Thursday, February 7, 2013

Bossy R Jeopardy


My kids had so much fun coming up with the clues for bossy r words.  I gave them each a half sheet of paper that had a bossy r word written on the top.  They had to come up with a clue for the word.  Then I typed them up into a jeopardy game.  We practice bossy r words a lot, they can make it very tricky to sound out a word if you don't know the sound they make. 
Each student has a dry erase board, we play boys vs girls. When it is your turn you get to pick the category and points amount. Every child writes the answer on their board every time. I have them all sit on the floor close to me so I can watch their spelling of each word. They love jeopardy and think it is so cool that they made the clues.  The game is just $1.00 on teacherspayteachers.com


                               http://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Product/Bossy-R-Jeopardy








No comments:

Post a Comment