Friday, April 13, 2018

Novel Engineering Snowy Day

I have been going to STEM training through my school district this year.  I have tried to start incorporating what I am learning in the meetings into my kindergarten classroom.  This post is one of three novel engineering experiences I have tried this year.  I read the book The Snowy Day in January and asked them to come up with an idea of how to help Peter.


For this lesson I posted some of the main problems Peter had on the board after we read the story.  They picked if they wanted to work in a small group or individually.  Then they were given a planning sheet.  I had bags of materials gathered ahead of time for them to use since this was our first experience.  They shared their ideas at the end.  What a fun experience! 



No comments:

Post a Comment