Friday, March 2, 2018

Acting Out The Enormous Turnip

My kids had a blast acting out The Enormous Turnip By: Bridie McBeath.  I made my turnip out of bulletin board paper.  I just bunched it up in the shape of a turnip and stapled it closed.  I added some colored cardboard for the leaves.  I put the turnip in between two desks and had just the leaves sticking up.  The farmer and his wife wore the brown hats, the neighbors and kids didn't need costumes, and the animals wore masks.  As each new character is introduce in the book that person comes up, grabs on the rope, and pulls.  I had two students behind the desks by the turnip, one of my students popped an arm out from behind the desks and held up the mouse stuffed animal.

                                                                                                                                                                               





No comments:

Post a Comment