Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Writing Office

I have my students take out their offices during writing time. This has all the resources a writer needs right in front of them while they write. I tape 2 file folders together and glue on the resources. Then I run it through the laminator to make it more durable. On the left side I have all the sight words we learn for the year in alphabetical order. In the middle I put an alphabet chart, blends chart, and color words. On the right hand side I put all the word families or chunks we will work on throughout the year. I also include vowel patterns at the bottom of the office. On the back of the office I put all the things a good writer does. In the beginning of the year the office is mainly used as a way to keep kids focused on looking at their own paper, staying quiet, and thinking about their writing. I refer to the alphabet chart as kids begin to learn letters and sounds. Once the school year gets going and other skills are introduced students start to use all the resources they have right in front of them.


No comments:

Post a Comment