Monday, October 14, 2013

Class Goals

This year my classroom has a carnival theme. I decided to make my goals board match my theme. I set a reading, writing, and math goal for students to achieve every couple of months. This helps me pace out the year and provides me a good visual of how close the class is to mastering each goal.



I made a sight word tracking board as well. I brake my sight word lists up into different colored books. When a student masters a list they move on to the next colored book. They get to color in one juggling ball each time they move to a new list of words. They color the ball the matching color of the book they are on. See my previous post for more details about what the books look like.




I changed my sight words bulletin board to popcorn words. My students have been noticing popcorn words popping up everywhere. When they find a sight word on a worksheet they butter the popcorn word by highlighting it with a yellow crayon.


No comments:

Post a Comment